1.15.2008

Family Session - The Thiessens

The Thiessens and I are connected in several ways; I see Elfriede quite often at the bank where she works, they live next door to my sister & brother in-law, and I grew up with their son Chris and even played hockey with him for a few years. I feel a little more pressure when I photograph people I see on a regular basis, and this was no exception. That being said, I always end up focusing on what I enjoy doing - photographing people and providing them with an enjoyable experience.

For their session I was back at the downtown campus of Red River College, which is a great location with many different backdrops. I brought some of my studio lights so we could photograph in really great spots where the light isn't the best, allowing for studio lighting in a non-traditional location. The highlight of the day was when all the guys pushed the girls in these chairs with wheels. I wanted them to try racing but unfortunately Mr.Thiessen got a little excited and dumped Elfriede out of her chair half way through. Everyone stopped immediately but when we saw she was OK we all burst into laughter.I had a great time photographing them and I was pleased to hear that they had a great time being photographed.

Thanks

Jeremy




No comments: