4.01.2009

Costa Rica + Helga & Peter's wedding

Months ago Helga contacted me about traveling to Costa Rica to photograph her wedding. I had heard that Costa Rica was a beautiful country so I was really excited about the opportunity to travel and photograph a wedding there.

My trip got off to a rough start as my plane had mechanical troubles in Chicago; this delay allowed me to be just late enough to watch my connecting flight take off in Newark as we landed. I had to spend the night in Newark and caught the first flight out in the morning, unfortunately cutting down my time in Costa Rica.

When I finally arrived it was great to feel the warm tropical air, especially since the day I left Winnipeg there was a crazy snow storm and it was -20C. I quickly realized that the temperature change was a little harder to deal with than I thought and the UV index was 10 every day. I know... I shouldn't complain!

At the resort I met up with Helga & Peter to finalize all their plans and ideas for the wedding. With only half a day to prep and little transportation, I was still able to find some great spots to photograph at.

The weather was beautiful for the big day and we started off with Peter and the guys. The girls got off to a bit of a late start but we still managed to get some great shots before we headed off to the ceremony. It was held right on the beach so there were serveral onlookers. At the time of the ceremony the tide started to change and a few waves made their way to Helga & Peter's feet! Afterwards, we went to a few different locations but two of my favorite images came from a set of stone stairs and a Spanish-looking home. Then we were off to the reception which was held in a covered area overlooking the beach.

You could tell Helga & Peter were so excited to be finally married and I know they will be thrilled with the images from their wedding day!

I spent the next few days at the beach and enjoying the beautiful scenery. We also did a "Trash the Dress" photo shoot and I'll share these images soon.

Jeremy












No comments: