9.14.2010

Nicole & Chris - wedding

Although I knew Chris a little bit from growing up at the same church, we've all gotten to know each other really well over the last few months, especially after doing an e.Session together. In fact, Nicole and Chris are my feature couple for the promo videos for my upcoming website. As I've spent this time with them I've really enjoyed getting to know the sweet and fun people they are. In fact, Nicole is one of the smiliest and happiest brides I've photographed!

I think the wedding day and this first image could be labeled "A Tale of Two Dresses". A week before the wedding Nicole has some second thoughts about her chosen gown and, with 7th Avenue helping her out, managed to get a second dress wedding dress picked out and ready to go by the time the big day rolled around. Then it was decision-making time! With the help of her wedding party, Nicole chose to wear her original dress but we did a little shoot in the second one just because we could.





Next came one of my favourite parts of the day: when the groom sees the bride for the first time. Nicole and Chris decided to meet at The Forks and it was a beautiful setting for a beautiful moment.






Our second location was at the Bishop's Mansion in St. Boniface, a favourite spot of many brides. It was so easy to get some great images of Nicole because she's always smiling! Chris is an amazing basketball player so we made sure to include some shots that captured his sweet skills.








Chris and Nicole chose to have their ceremony and reception at the same location, The Evergreen Village. We got some quick shots in before the ceremony started, including this first one. I had shot something similar for Derek and Miranda's wedding and Chris and Nicole really liked it, so we tried it out but with a little twist.




Their ceremony was such a pleasure to shoot because they were both so happy through the entire thing. Just look at these smiles!




I have to make mention of the amazing job Soiree Event Planning did in decorating for the reception. Everything was simple yet elegant, which suited the couple's tastes perfectly.





Thanks goes out to photographer extraordinaire, Jeremy Dueck, for shooting this wedding with me. It's always a pleasure!

Thanks to Chris and Nicole for a fun and relaxed day. I'm really looking forward to our next shoot in a couple of weeks when we get to "trash" the dress.

Jeremy

1 comment:

Marie@VanillaBean said...

LOVE these! And to top it off I did the cake! Beautiful shot of it!!